Assault Defense Attorneys in Stuart, FL
Stuart, FL Assault & Battery Defense Lawyers
If you’ve been accused of or charged with assault and battery, you need strong legal representation right away. Regardless of how complex your situation may be, we can efficiently walk you throughout the legal process and ensure your rights are completely protected.
For proficient, personalized and aggressive representation, visit ADL Law, P.A. today. Our Stuart assault and battery attorneys are highly skilled in this area of law and has a long track record of success. Backed by years of in-depth legal experience and even more years spent working on the police force, our founding attorney can provide you with relentless and proficient legal services.
What Is Assault & Battery?
Assault and battery mean two different things, although the terms are often used interchangeably.
- Assault essentially occurs when one person threatens another person with physical harm either verbally or physically. Regardless of whether the first person follows through on their threat, their threatening actions constitute assault.
- Battery is similar to assault but differs in the fact that battery includes actual physical harm being inflicted.
The penalties for these types of violent crimes are severe and often result in:
- Felony convictions
- Exorbitant fines
- Extensive prison time
Assault & Battery Penalties in Florida
The penalties for battery and assault can be increased depending on the specific circumstances of the offense. These penalties are increased when the offenses are moved up to either aggravated battery or aggravated assault.
Aggravated battery occurs when the offense results in the permanent disfigurement of the victim or when the act involves the use of a deadly weapon.
Aggravated assault is anytime an assault occurs in conjunction with a felony or when the assault involves the use of a deadly weapon. The penalties for aggravated crimes are much steeper than normal offenses.
- Battery: First-degree misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in jail and $1,000 in fines
- Assault: Second-degree misdemeanor punishable by up to 60 days and $500 in fines
- Aggravated battery: Second-degree felony punishable by up to 15 years in prison and $10,000 in fines
- Aggravated assault: Third-degree felony punishable by up to 5 years in prison and $5,000 in fines
Get Started on Your Assault & Battery Defense
When you retain our legal representation, you get an entire team of legal professionals that are dedicated to helping you get the results you need. We will defend you every step of the way and provide you with well-informed advice at every stage of the legal process. You can count on us.
“I and my child are SO GRATEFUL for how he made this process feel once he was involved.”
“They are there when you need them”
“Adam has been the best lawyer in defending me in a child custody case.”- Anonymous